Hello ARBI Clients,
ARBI’s services are impacted by the pandemic response due to COVID-19, however we are thinking of you. Even though you cannot come to ARBI, you can still practice different exercises to continue working on your rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is not a place; it is a process and we are here for you. Despite the physical distancing, we are still connected and now is the time to continue practicing what will help you stay physically and mentally healthy.
Check out the links below that we have selected for you. These links will guide you to resources that may be important to you. Take your time to learn from each of them and incorporate the suggestions into your daily schedule.
We will be reaching out to you regularly. We are trying our best to continue offering the support you deserve during these challenging times. Please continue to visit ARBI’s website, Facebook page and Instagram for regular updates.
Stay healthy and we hope to see you soon!
Resources from the Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Information about Coronavirus: https://www.heartandstroke.ca/articles/coronavirus-the-information-you-need
- Handwashing: a video on handwashing for someone with an affected upper limb: https://youtu.be/EOj0L03eDPs
- Rehabilitation Programs that can be done at home:
- GRASP: GRASP program for upper-limb rehabilitation after stroke. The GRASP website includes videos, workbooks, and more, including many exercises that can be done at home: https://neurorehab.med.ubc.ca/grasp
- FAME (Fitness and Mobility Exercise) program: University of British Columbia’s fameexercise.com has posted a handout, instructions and video on how to do stroke recovery exercises at home.
- TIME (Together in Movement and Exercise): The TIME Program has complied a comprehensive list of free online videos and resources to help people with mobility challenges stay active during COVID-19 isolation: TIME Program Resources
Resources from SAEBO
Free virtual resources including Mental Practice Exercises and Upper Extremity Exercise Video Library: www.saebo.com