Capture Moments & Make a Difference
March 2, 2023 > Events
Are you passionate about capturing moments of courage and inspiration?
Do you have a calling to use your talents to make an impact?
We are looking for friendly, creative, and reliable volunteer photographers/videographers to help our non-profit organization capture beautiful, meaningful images of our programs and services in action. The Photographer/Videographer Volunteer will be responsible for taking photographs at our events, activities, and programs to capture the impact of our work. If you have experience taking photographs, enjoy meeting new people, and can stage/capture photos, we encourage you to apply for this important role!
- Minimum one year of experience in professional or recreational photography
- Videography experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Personable, professional, and responsible
- Self-motivated, driven, strong collaborator and communicator
- Use of your own camera and other photography-related equipment (preferred)
- Passion for non-profit work and making a difference in the community
- Collaborate with staff to capture images that meet the needs of marketing, fundraising, and other communication materials as needed
- Take photos and/or videos during events, programs, and projects as directed by the Engagement and Communications Leader or designate
- Capture quality images of people engaging in activities, celebrating successes, and having fun
- Provide high-resolution images for use in promotional materials within specified deadlines
- Enhance your photography skills and grow your portfolio
- Feel good knowing you are making a difference by dedicating your time and talents in a purposeful way
- Meet new people and form meaningful relationships with clients, staff, and members of the community
- Work in a caring and rewarding environment
- Letters of reference upon request (with reasonable tenure of service)
You will have the ability to work as much or as little as you want (one-time commitments are okay!), with hours varying depending on the project. Shifts will generally be 3–4 hours, with most work taking place at ARBI or in the community during regular business hours (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.). Don’t have weekday availability? No problem! ARBI is also looking for event photographers for the Calgary Marathon (Sunday, May 28, 2023) and CycleTherapy (Saturday, September 16, 2023).
Become part of our incredible community, lend your talents, and help create a brighter future for brain injury and stroke survivors.
To apply, please email Allie Franz at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a sample of your work or a link to your online portfolio.